Tools starting with Z
Looking for new tools to extend your tool box? The top 100 list of best security tools is a great start.
ZAP (Zed Attack Proxy)
The OWASP Zed Attack Proxy (ZAP) helps to find security vulnerabilities in web applications during development and testing.
ZGrab is a TLS banner grabber and written in Go. It works together with the ZMap utility.
Zeek is a network security monitoring tool (NSM) and helps with monitoring. It can also play an active rol in performing forensics and incident response.
Zenmap is the graphical user interface for the well-known network and vulnerability scanner Nmap. Read how it works in this review.
Zeus is a security tool to provide security audits on AWS environments. It is written in shell script and can be used for security audits.
- Archery (vulnerability assessment and management)
- Wapiti (vulnerability scanner for web applications)
- Patator (multi-purpose brute-force tool)
- BleachBit (system cleaner and privacy tool)
- OpenSCAP (suite with tools and security data)
- Lynis (security scanner and compliance auditing tool)
- BlackBox (store secrets in Git/Mercurial/Subversion)
- salt-scanner (Linux vulnerability scanner)
- Infection Monkey (security testing for data centers and networks)
- Anchore Engine (container analysis and inspection)
- Zeek (network security monitoring tool)
- ZAP (web application analysis)
- Maltrail (malicious traffic detection system)
- Vuls (agentless vulnerability scanner)
- Cppcheck (static code analyzer)
- XSStrike (XSS detection and exploitation suite)
- Decentraleyes (local CDN emulation for privacy)
- RootHelper (script to retrieve exploitation tools)
- graudit (static code analysis tool)
- Suhosin7 (Suhosin security extension for PHP 7.x)
- gosec (Golang security checker)
- Malice (VirusTotal clone)
- siemstress (basic SIEM solution)
- Bleach (sanitizing library for Django)