Tools starting with U
Looking for new tools to extend your tool box? The top 100 list of best security tools is a great start.
Uitkyk is a security framework to identify Android malware by investigation memory. It detects suspicious processes by looking at the so-called memory heap.
Uncompyle6 is a decompiler for Python-based software. It can be used for developers and security professionals to investigate software components.
UPX is tool to pack several executable formats. It is free, portable, and extendable, and well-known.
USB Canary monitors the devices on a system for the addition or removal of USB devices. On such an event, then an alert will be sent.
USBGuard is a software framework which allows USB device authorization policies. It defines what kind of USB devices are authorized together with a related policy regarding permissions.
USBleach disarms potential threats to systems by acting as a firewall or gateway for USB drives and USB sticks.
- ZAP (web application analysis)
- Maltrail (malicious traffic detection system)
- Wapiti (vulnerability scanner for web applications)
- Vuls (agentless vulnerability scanner)
- Cppcheck (static code analyzer)
- Zeek (network security monitoring tool)
- XSStrike (XSS detection and exploitation suite)
- Decentraleyes (local CDN emulation for privacy)
- RootHelper (script to retrieve exploitation tools)
- graudit (static code analysis tool)
- Suhosin7 (Suhosin security extension for PHP 7.x)
- gosec (Golang security checker)
- Bleach (sanitizing library for Django)
- siemstress (basic SIEM solution)
- Malice (VirusTotal clone)
- CMSeeK (CMS detection and exploitation)
- Cutter (graphical user interface for radare2)
- massh-enum (OpenSSH user enumeration)
- radare2 (reverse engineering tool and binary analysis)
- nftables (network traffic filtering)
- Malscan (malware scanner for web servers)
- Prowler (AWS benchmark tool)
- BDA (vulnerability scan for Hadoop and Spark)
- Tulpar (web vulnerability scanner)