Tools starting with U
Looking for new tools to extend your tool box? The top 100 list of best security tools is a great start.
UPX is tool to pack several executable formats. It is free, portable, and extendable, and well-known.
USB Canary monitors the devices on a system for the addition or removal of USB devices. On such an event, then an alert will be sent.
USBGuard is a software framework which allows USB device authorization policies. It defines what kind of USB devices are authorized together with a related policy regarding permissions.
USBleach disarms potential threats to systems by acting as a firewall or gateway for USB drives and USB sticks.
Uitkyk is a security framework to identify Android malware by investigation memory. It detects suspicious processes by looking at the so-called memory heap.
Uncompyle6 is a decompiler for Python-based software. It can be used for developers and security professionals to investigate software components.
- Archery (vulnerability assessment and management)
- Wapiti (vulnerability scanner for web applications)
- Patator (multi-purpose brute-force tool)
- BleachBit (system cleaner and privacy tool)
- OpenSCAP (suite with tools and security data)
- Lynis (security scanner and compliance auditing tool)
- BlackBox (store secrets in Git/Mercurial/Subversion)
- salt-scanner (Linux vulnerability scanner)
- Infection Monkey (security testing for data centers and networks)
- Anchore Engine (container analysis and inspection)
- Zeek (network security monitoring tool)
- ZAP (web application analysis)
- Maltrail (malicious traffic detection system)
- Vuls (agentless vulnerability scanner)
- Cppcheck (static code analyzer)
- XSStrike (XSS detection and exploitation suite)
- Decentraleyes (local CDN emulation for privacy)
- RootHelper (script to retrieve exploitation tools)
- graudit (static code analysis tool)
- Suhosin7 (Suhosin security extension for PHP 7.x)
- gosec (Golang security checker)
- Malice (VirusTotal clone)
- siemstress (basic SIEM solution)
- CMSeeK (CMS detection and exploitation)