Tools starting with U
Looking for new tools to extend your tool box? The top 100 list of best security tools is a great start.
Uitkyk is a security framework to identify Android malware by investigation memory. It detects suspicious processes by looking at the so-called memory heap.
Uncompyle6 is a decompiler for Python-based software. It can be used for developers and security professionals to investigate software components.
UPX is tool to pack several executable formats. It is free, portable, and extendable, and well-known.
USB Canary monitors the devices on a system for the addition or removal of USB devices. On such an event, then an alert will be sent.
USBGuard is a software framework which allows USB device authorization policies. It defines what kind of USB devices are authorized together with a related policy regarding permissions.
USBleach disarms potential threats to systems by acting as a firewall or gateway for USB drives and USB sticks.
- Wapiti (vulnerability scanner for web applications)
- Vuls (agentless vulnerability scanner)
- Cppcheck (static code analyzer)
- Zeek (network security monitoring tool)
- XSStrike (XSS detection and exploitation suite)
- Decentraleyes (local CDN emulation for privacy)
- RootHelper (script to retrieve exploitation tools)
- graudit (static code analysis tool)
- Suhosin7 (Suhosin security extension for PHP 7.x)
- gosec (Golang security checker)
- siemstress (basic SIEM solution)
- CMSeeK (CMS detection and exploitation)
- Malice (VirusTotal clone)
- Bleach (sanitizing library for Django)
- SQLMate (a friend of SQLMap with additional features)
- Termineter (smart meter security framework)
- tlsenum (enumeration tool for TLS)
- hBlock (ad blocking and tracker/malware protection)
- Malscan (malware scanner for web servers)
- massh-enum (OpenSSH user enumeration)
- BDA (vulnerability scan for Hadoop and Spark)
- SubFinder (subdomain scanner)
- Prowler (AWS benchmark tool)
- GitMiner (Git data miner)
- Hash Buster (find cleartext of hash)