Our training program is currently under development. Follow our Twitter account (@LSELabs) for updates.
Linux Security Expert training program
An extensive Linux security course that is lab-based, highly technical, and covers both defensive and offensive security. You could compare the training with an extensive workshop. Students include system administrators, security professionals, and pentesters.
The Linux security training includes:
- Task-based labs and practice
- Online access with up-to-date content (15 modules, 13 guides)
- Offensive and defensive security
- Extended search (members only)
With the lab-based approach, you will be able to practice and perform all steps yourself. No more trainer that overwhelms you with too much information.
Differences with our program
Normal technical trainings usually take between three and five days. The trainer has the goal to share as much from the curriculum as possible. This results in limited room for questions or practical testing.
- Instead of one week, you decide the length
- No trainer that needs to travel and stay, saving costs
- Theory is replaced with practical tasks
Knowledge domains are fields of expertise and mapped to the Linux security realm.
- Audit and Compliance
- Data and Storage
- DevOps Security
- Digital Forensics
- File and Printer Sharing
- Identity and Access Management
- Incident Response
- Linux System Security
- Malware Analysis
- Physical Security
- Security Automation
- Software Exploitation
- Vulnerability Discovery
Modules give body to the knowledge domains. Each module include one or more training guides.
- System and Security Audits with Lynis
- Setting up secure communications with OpenVPN
- Storing passwords and secrets
- File system security
- Improving web security
- Securing email communications
- Storage Protocols
- Linux Server Security