Tools starting with Y
A - B - C - D - E - F - G - H - I - J - K - L - M - N - O - P - Q - R - S - T - U - V - W - X - Y - Z
Looking for new tools to extend your tool box? The top 100 list of best security tools is a great start.
YARA is a security tool to help malware researchers to identify and classify malware samples. For example by defining malware families based on patterns.
Latest release: 3.6.3 [July 5, 2017]
The yarGen utility helps with creating YARA rules for malware detection. It can combine both 'goodware' and 'malware', to properly craft the right rules.
Latest release: 0.18.0 [Aug. 14, 2017]
YASAT describes itself as another simple stupid audit tool to test Linux systems. It has many tests for checking the security configuration of the system.
yasca (Yet Another Source Code Analyzer)
Yasca is a tool to perform code analysis and linting. It can be used by developers and security professionals to evaluate the code quality.
Yasuo is a Ruby script that scans for vulnerable and exploitable third-party web applications.
Yersinia is a framework to perform layer 2 attacks. It can be used for pentests and security assessments to test network safeguards.
Latest release: 0.8.2 [Aug. 24, 2017]
Yosai is security framework for Python applications and adds authentication, authorization, and session management capabilities.
Latest release: 0.3.0 [Nov. 24, 2016]
- Masscan (high-performance port scanner)
- Vane (WordPress vulnerability scanner)
- MAT (removal of metadata)
- Yosai (security framework for Python applications)
- Wireshark (network traffic analyzer)
- FireHOL (firewall config creator and manager)
- wpsik (WPS scan and attack tool)
- USBleach (disarms harmful USB storage)
- opensvp (firewall testing tool)
- The Sleuth Kit (toolkit for forensics)
- MongoSanitizer (defense against MongoDB injection attacks)
- YASAT (local security scanner)
- Nmap (network and vulnerability scanner)
- dnsteal (exfiltration tool via DNS requests)
- pastemon (tool to monitor Pastebin)
- BDA (vulnerability scan for Hadoop and Spark)
- Scirius (Suricata rule management)
- Spaghetti (web vulnerability scanner)
- Suricata (network IDS, IPS and monitoring)
- CIRCLean (USB stick and drives cleaner)
- King Phisher (Phishing campaign toolkit)
- Termineter (smart meter security framework)
- pick (password manager)
- jak (git encryption)
- detectem (software enumeration)