Tools starting with Y
Looking for new tools to extend your tool box? The top 100 list of best security tools is a great start.
YARA is a security tool to identify and classify malware samples and often used by malware researchers. Learn how it works in this review.
YaraGuardian is a web-based tool to manage and change Yara rules. It is useful for those who create custom rules to detect malware.
The yarGen utility helps with creating YARA rules for malware detection. It can combine both 'goodware' and 'malware', to properly craft the right rules.
YASAT describes itself as another simple stupid audit tool to test Linux systems. It has many tests for checking the security configuration of the system.
yasca (Yet Another Source Code Analyzer)
Yasca is a tool to perform code analysis and linting. It can be used by developers and security professionals to evaluate the code quality.
Yasuo is a Ruby script that scans for vulnerable and exploitable third-party web applications.
Yersinia is a framework to perform layer 2 attacks. It can be used for pentests and security assessments to test network safeguards.
Yosai is a security framework for Python applications and adds authentication, authorization, and session management capabilities.
- ZAP (web application analysis)
- Maltrail (malicious traffic detection system)
- Wapiti (vulnerability scanner for web applications)
- Vuls (agentless vulnerability scanner)
- Cppcheck (static code analyzer)
- Zeek (network security monitoring tool)
- XSStrike (XSS detection and exploitation suite)
- Decentraleyes (local CDN emulation for privacy)
- RootHelper (script to retrieve exploitation tools)
- graudit (static code analysis tool)
- Suhosin7 (Suhosin security extension for PHP 7.x)
- gosec (Golang security checker)
- Bleach (sanitizing library for Django)
- siemstress (basic SIEM solution)
- Malice (VirusTotal clone)
- CMSeeK (CMS detection and exploitation)
- Cutter (graphical user interface for radare2)
- massh-enum (OpenSSH user enumeration)
- radare2 (reverse engineering tool and binary analysis)
- nftables (network traffic filtering)
- Malscan (malware scanner for web servers)
- Prowler (AWS benchmark tool)
- BDA (vulnerability scan for Hadoop and Spark)
- Tulpar (web vulnerability scanner)