Tools starting with Y
Looking for new tools to extend your tool box? The top 100 list of best security tools is a great start.
YARA is a security tool to identify and classify malware samples and often used by malware researchers. Learn how it works in this review.
YASAT describes itself as another simple stupid audit tool to test Linux systems. It has many tests for checking the security configuration of the system.
YaraGuardian is a web-based tool to manage and change Yara rules. It is useful for those who create custom rules to detect malware.
Yasuo is a Ruby script that scans for vulnerable and exploitable third-party web applications.
Yersinia is a framework to perform layer 2 attacks. It can be used for pentests and security assessments to test network safeguards.
Yosai is a security framework for Python applications and adds authentication, authorization, and session management capabilities.
The yarGen utility helps with creating YARA rules for malware detection. It can combine both 'goodware' and 'malware', to properly craft the right rules.
yasca (Yet Another Source Code Analyzer)
Yasca is a tool to perform code analysis and linting. It can be used by developers and security professionals to evaluate the code quality.
- Patator (multi-purpose brute-force tool)
- BleachBit (system cleaner and privacy tool)
- OpenSCAP (suite with tools and security data)
- Lynis (security scanner and compliance auditing tool)
- BlackBox (store secrets in Git/Mercurial/Subversion)
- salt-scanner (Linux vulnerability scanner)
- Infection Monkey (security testing for data centers and networks)
- Anchore Engine (container analysis and inspection)
- Zeek (network security monitoring tool)
- ZAP (web application analysis)
- Maltrail (malicious traffic detection system)
- Wapiti (vulnerability scanner for web applications)
- Vuls (agentless vulnerability scanner)
- Cppcheck (static code analyzer)
- XSStrike (XSS detection and exploitation suite)
- Decentraleyes (local CDN emulation for privacy)
- RootHelper (script to retrieve exploitation tools)
- graudit (static code analysis tool)
- Suhosin7 (Suhosin security extension for PHP 7.x)
- gosec (Golang security checker)
- Malice (VirusTotal clone)
- siemstress (basic SIEM solution)
- Bleach (sanitizing library for Django)
- CMSeeK (CMS detection and exploitation)