Tool and Usage
Yersinia is a framework to perform layer 2 attacks. It can be used for pentests and security assessments to test network safeguards.
The Yersinia tool takes advantage of known weaknesses in several network protocols. It helps with trying to abuse the weaknesses to ensure that network protections are implemented where possible.
- Spanning Tree Protocol (STP)
- Cisco Discovery Protocol (CDP)
- Dynamic Trunking Protocol (DTP)
- Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP)
- Hot Standby Router Protocol (HSRP)
- Inter-Switch Link Protocol (ISL)
- VLAN Trunking Protocol (VTP)
Usage and audience
Support operating systems
Yersinia is known to work on Linux, macOS, OpenBSD, and Solaris.
Several alternative tools are available for Yersinia that might be a good replacement.
Pyersinia is a tool like Yersinia and can perform network attacks such as spoofing ARP, DHCP DoS , STP DoS, and more. It is written in Python and uses Scapy.