Looking for an alternative tool to replace GGRC? During the review of GGRC we looked at other open source tools. Based on their category, tags, and text, these are the ones that have the best match.
Alternatives (by score)
Lynis is an open-source security auditing tool that is available since 2007 and created by Michael Boelen. Its primary goal is to evaluate the security defenses of systems running Linux or other flavors of Unix. It provides suggestions to install, configure, or correct any security measures.
Lynis is written in shell script.
Strengths and weaknesses
- + The source code is easy to read and understand
- + More than 100 contributors
- + More than 8000 GitHub stars
- + Tool is easy to use
- + Available as package (simplified installation)
- + Commercial support available
- + Used language is shell script
- + Very low number of dependencies
- + Project is mature (10+ years)
- + The source code of this software is available
- IT audit
- Penetration testing
- Security assessment
- System hardening
- Vulnerability scanning
Some relevant tool missing as an alternative to GGRC? Please contact us with your suggestion.