What is a password?
A password is a secret key between the owner of the password and an external resource. The password is often linked to a username and used as proof of the ownership of a user account. The strength of a password can be increased by adding special characters and increasing its length.
There are 2 tool collections available that cover password:
The following security tools are linked to password and are worth investigating.
- Buttercup for desktop (cross-platform password manager)
- Confidant (storage of secrets)
- hashcat (password recovery tool)
- John the Ripper (password cracker)
- KeePassX (password manager)
- KeePassXC (cross-platform password manager)
- LaZagne (password retrieval and recovery tool)
- mimipenguin (password extractor)
- mimipy (password extractor)
- not24get (password quality checker)
- pas (password manager)
- pass (password manager)
- PassGen (password dictionary attack tool)
- Passmgr (password manager)
- pass-rotate (tool and library for bulk password rotation)
- pick (password manager)
- TeamVault (team-based password manager)
- THC Hydra (password discovery)