PyT (Python Taint)
Tool and Usage
Python Taint (or PyT) is a static code analyzer for Python scripts and applications. It tries to discover vulnerabilities or other possible weaknesses.
- Detect Command injection, SQL injection, and XSS
- Detect directory traversal
- Get a control flow graph
- Get a def-use and/or a use-def chain
- Search GitHub and analyze hits with PyT
- Scan intraprocedural or interprocedural
- Customizations possible
Usage and audience
PyT is commonly used for code analysis. Target users for this tool are developers.
- + The source code of this software is available
Several dependencies are required to use PyT.
To use PyT, install it via the following method below.
After installation, check the version number of the program and compare it with the one on this page. Be aware of versions that are outdated, as they may contain bugs or even security vulnerabilities.