What is system hardening?
The process of increasing the security defenses of a system. Typically these defenses are so-called best practices and meant to decrease the risks to the system.
- Basic principles » Why perform system hardening?
There is 1 tool collection available that covers system hardening:
The following security tools are linked to system hardening and are worth investigating.
- Bastille Linux (hardening tool)
- JShielder (Linux hardening tool)
- LUNAR (system security scanner)
- Lynis (security scanner and compliance auditing tool)
- Nix Auditor (system auditing tools)
- OpenSCAP (suite with tools and security data)
- Zeus (AWS auditing and hardening tool)
- nixarmor (Linux hardening script)
- seccheck (system security scanner)
- sysechk (system auditing tool)