Tool and Usage
OSRFramework is an open source research framework. The project helps with information gathering and can be classified as an OSINT tool.
Why this tool?
This OSINT framework allows combining sources and provide data in different formats (web interface, API, command line).
How it works
OSRFramework interacts with other tools and makes the information.
Usage and audience
This tool is categorized as a open source intelligence tool.
OSRFramework is commonly used during information gathering. Target users for this tool are pentesters and security professionals.
- OSRFramework is written in Python
- Application programming interface (API) available
- Command line interface
- Web interface
- + Available as package (simplified installation)
- + The source code of this software is available
- - No releases on GitHub available
History and highlights
- Demo at Black Hat USA 2017 Arsenal
Support operating systems
OSRFramework is known to work on Linux.
To use OSRFramework, install it via the following method below.
pip install osrframework
After installation, check the version number of the program and compare it with the one on this page. Be aware of versions that are outdated, as they may contain bugs or even security vulnerabilities.