MAT (Metadata Anonymisation Toolkit)
Tool and Usage
MAT is a privacy tool to remove metadata from files. This enhances your privacy levels by removing those bits of data that may store sensitive information.
Why this tool?
Many file forms store sensitive data, like a location, author name, or even the date and time. This toolkit can remove these bits of data while allowing the file to be used as before.
Supported file formats
- Portable Network Graphics (.png)
- JPEG (.jpg, .jpeg)
- TIFF (.tif, tiff)
- Open Documents (.odt, .odx, .ods)
- Office OpenXml (.docx, .pptx, .xlsx)
- Portable Document Fileformat (.pdf)
- Tape ARchives (.tar, .tar.bz2)
- MPEG AUdio (.mp3, .mp2, .mp1)
- Ogg Vorbis (.ogg)
- Free Lossless Audio Codec (.flac)
- Torrent (.torrent)
Usage and audience
This tool is categorized as a privacy tool.
MAT is commonly used for privacy enhancement. Target users for this tool are general public.
- MAT is written in Python
- Command line interface
- Graphical user interface
- + The source code of this software is available
Author and Maintainers
MAT is under development by Julien Voisin.