Tool and Usage
Why this tool?
DataSploit is a framework to perform intelligence gathering to discover credentials, domain information, and other information related to the target. It uses various reconnaissance techniques on companies, people, phone numbers, and even cryptocoin technology. It allows aggregating all raw data and return it in multiple formats.
How it works
DataSploit is developed in Python and requires just a minimum of input to start the hunt for information. It gathers the information in several steps and performs noise filtering. The tool can be extended using custom modules.
Usage and audience
DataSploit is commonly used for OSINT research, information gathering, or security monitoring. Target users for this tool are pentesters and security professionals.
- HTML output
- JSON output supported
Tool review and remarks
The review and analysis of this project resulted in the following remarks for this security tool:
- + More than 10 contributors
- + More than 1000 GitHub stars
- + The source code of this software is available
History and highlights
- Demo at Black Hat Asia 2017 Arsenal
- Demo at Black Hat Europe 2016 Arsenal
- Demo at Black Hat USA 2017 Arsenal
- Demo at Black Hat USA 2018 Arsenal
- Demo at DEF CON 24 Demo Labs
- Demo at DEF CON 25 Demo Labs
- Speaker at Black Hat USA 2016
Supported operating systems
DataSploit is known to work on Linux.
Several dependencies are required to use DataSploit.
Similar tools to DataSploit:
The OSINT Framework tool provides a web-based interface to commonly used tools and resources for open source intelligence. It helps with intelligence gathering, reconnaissance, and discovering new tools.
Gitem is a reconnaissance tool to extract information about organizations on GitHub. It can be used to find the leaking of sensitive data.
Looking for retrieving information about an organization, domain, IP address, or something else? See how OSINT-SPY might be able to help you with this task.
This tool page was updated at . Found an improvement? Help the community by submitting an update.
Related tool information
- OSINT is short for open source intelligence, the practice of gathering data from publicly available resources. The open source in this context is not the same as in software development. Instead, it means that the data is available to anyone with the right knowledge or abilities to discover it.
This tool is categorized as a OSINT tool.