Tool and Usage
Similar to arpwatch, this tool addrwatch will monitor the pairing between ethernet and IP addresses.
- IPv4 and IPv6 address monitoring
- Monitoring multiple network interfaces with one daemon
- Monitoring of VLAN tagged (802.1Q) packets
- Output to stdout, plain text files, syslog, sqlite3, MySQL
- IP address usage history preserving output and logging
Usage and audience
addrwatch is commonly used for security monitoring. Target users for this tool are system administrators.
Supported operating systems
Addrwatch is known to work on Linux.
Similar tools to addrwatch:
ArpON is a host-based tool to improve the security of the Address Resolution Protocol (ARP).
arp-scan is a security tool that sends ARP packets to hosts on the local network. Any responses to the requests are displayed.
arping is a tool for the discovery of hosts on a computer network using the Address Resolution Protocol (ARP).
This tool page was updated at . Found an improvement? Help the community by submitting an update.