Tool and Usage
Metasploit is a framework that consists of tools to perform security assignments. It focuses on the offensive side of security and leverages exploit modules.
Usage and audience
Metasploit Framework is commonly used for penetration test, security assessment, or vulnerability scanning. Target users for this tool are pentesters and security professionals.
- Metasploit Framework is written in Ruby
- Command line interface
- Customization and additions are possible
- Extendable with custom tests and plugins
- Tool is modular
- + More than 400 contributors
- + More than 9000 stars
- + Many maintainers
- + The source code of this software is available
- + Supported by a large company
- + Well-known tool
Author and Maintainers
Support operating systems
Metasploit Framework is known to work on Linux.
Metasploit Framework alternatives
|Latest release||4.11.7 [2016-01-07]|
|Last updated||Sept. 17, 2017|
|Metasploit GitHub project|
|Metasploit project website|