What is Malware?
Malware is the family name of threats like viruses, worms, trojan horses, backdoors, and ransomware. These types of malicious software components can all be harmful to your computer or network infrastructure. Some malware like viruses will alter executable files (binaries) to allow itself to be spread to other systems. Ransomware, which is nowadays a serious threat, will focus on encrypting your personal data and ask a ransom in return for the decryption key.
- bingrep (binary analysis tool)
- chkrootkit (malware scanner)
- ClamAV (malware scanner)
- Cuckoo Sandbox (malware analysis tool)
- Diamorphine (rootkit for Linux)
- LMD (malware detection tool)
- Rootkit Hunter (malware scanner)
- Viper (binary analysis tool)
- yarGen (YARA rule generator)